So it is my birthday month, I am super stressed at work and somehow I just regress to shopping. Nonstop. There is always something to hunt for and find and realise hey, I think I need that. (No you really don’t.)
Anyways, my main concern right now is shopping for clothes. And my main excuse/s right now for this bout of shopping to update my wardrobe
- size/body has changed
- fashion taste has changed
- buying clothes this year because next year cannot buy new clothes because must be more frugal next year to save up properly
- the clothes I buy now are also for me to wear after becoming a wife, i.e., more loose-fitting and less tight (although now also not that tight, just that my legs are very muscular)
- the clothes I buy will last me for more than 5 years anyway (usually) even though I don’t particularly take good care of them, but I am still wearing clothes that I have worn since my last year in Uni.
- I am changing my colour palette – used to be only blues, greys and blacks and odd smattering of cool-toned/ pastel clothes, but I only just realised in the past year that warm-toned clothing suits me better and energises me more. I still like blues and greys, but I want more warm browns and reds, and jewel tones in my wardrobe. Especially for tudungs, cos around the face, cool-toned/pastel colours tend to wash me out. I never realised this before!!
- The items I buy are usually from Malaysia, so the craftsmanship is quite good, is affordable, and quality for money especially if you think about how hard it is to get Muslimah-friendly clothes in brick and mortar stores in Singapore.
- This will probably be the last year I frivolously spend on clothes before I get married, become a wife, have kids, etc. when spending will no longer be on me *sobs*.
OK, dah. I convinced myself I shall pay for those items in my FV cart. HAHAHAHA.
Easily convinced seh this woman.